Sofia’s Main Courthouse Evacuated over Fresh Bomb Threat
The main courthouse building in Bulgaria’s capital Sofia has been evacuated yet again due to an anonymous bomb threat.
An anonymous male claimed that an explosive device was placed in the Sofia City Court.
Police are currently conducting a search.
Local media have reminded that a hearing in a high-profile trial against controversial businessman Aleksei Petrov had been scheduled for before noon. The hearing has been postponed for 12 pm.
An increased number of bomb threats for shopping centers, courts and schools in Sofia and several other major Bulgarian cities were registered in the past several months. Sofia's main courthouse has been the target of anonymous bomb threats particularly often since the end of 2012.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison
- » A Woman's Body was found in Sofia Region
- » Bulgaria: More than 50 Minors were found in a Nightclub in Blagoevgrad during a Police Operation