Concessionaire Disappointed with Bulgarian Gas Explorations
Petroceltic International has announced it might give up on natural gas explorations on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast, as it did not manage to obtain enough volume to justify commercial production.
The information was reported by Darik radio Saturday.
Drilling in block Kamchiya-1 in the region of Galata in the Black Sea has reached a depth of 1 000 meters and the only discovered deposits were found in layers of oil sands with thickness of 20 meters.
The company stated it will analyze the data to update the regional geological model and will then decide if it would use the opportunity to extend the concession by two years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Higher than announced Price of Natural Gas for December
- » The EC is holding Talks with Bulgaria due to Fears that there may be Exports from "Lukoil"
- » Bulgaria: Increase in the Price of Gas by nearly 19% for December due to Expensive Gas stored in Chiren
- » For the first time since January: Brent Crude Oil fell below $82 per Barrel
- » Bulgarian Minister: It makes no sense to Close our Coal Plants right now
- » The Fuel Discount in Bulgaria: When will it be over?