Bulgarian, German Ladies Slightly Injured in Varna Airport Accident
Two elderly women - a Bulgarian and a German - have been slightly injured as a plane unexpectedly left the runway of the airport in Bulgaria’s Black Sea city of Varna.
The casualties have been identified, they are aged 71 and 81 respectively. They have broken limbs and are currently treated in a local hospital.
The accident took place at 10:19 am EET on Friday.
The Air Via airplane was carrying out a charter flight from Leipzig with a total of 172 passengers aboard.
All passengers have been evacuated from the aircraft.
Until the early afternoon on Friday Varna airport remained closed with all incoming and outgoing flights redirected to the airport in Burgas.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » LIVE: Bulgaria Reported A Record Morbidity of COVID-19, 50 Per Cent Increase in Deaths
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cool and Rainy, Code Yellow in Five Districts
- » COVID-19: Bulgarian Health Minister in Self-isolation
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Another Day with Anti-Record Numbers - 2760 Daily Cases
- » COVID-19: Germany Shuts Down Restaurants, Cinemas, No Fans at Sport Events
- » Bulgaria: Doctor from Yambol Re-Infected with Coronavirus