Bulgarian Ethnic Turks to Back Socialist-Led 'Hybrid' Govt
Bulgaria’s predominantly ethnic Turkish party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS) will endorse a cabinet that is both expert-based and political, DPS leader Lyutvi Mestan has declared.
Mestan met with Bulgarian Socialist Party PM candidate Plamen Oresharski on Thursday.
While emphasizing the important role experts will have in a future government backed by DPS and BSP, Mestan noted that political figures should not be excluded from it.
“Politically sterile figures are not natural phenomena,” he stated.
BSP and DPS, who finished second and third in Bulgaria’s inconclusive early elections, have pledged to form the new government next Tuesday, indicating that the impasse since May 12 vote may soon be broken.
Bulgarian President, Rosen Plevneliev launched consultations on forming the new government with parliamentary represented parties on Thursday, May 23.
Bulgaria’s formerly ruling center-right GERB party, which gained most votes in the recent elections, but not enough to form a cabinet, returned the mandate immediately.
BSP is to receive the mandate at about 3:30 pm Thursday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend