Radoslav Yankulov Heads Bulgaria's Public Radio
The Council for Electronic Media, CEM, elected Thursday Radoslav Yankulov for Director of the State-owned Bulgarian National Radio, BNR.
Yankulov, a sports journalist and former host of the "Horizon for You" program of the BNR Horizont (Horizon) channel, will serve a three-year term at the post.
He has been director of some of the first private radios in Bulgaria – Radio Express and Radio 99.
There were 12 candidates. The selection was made through an open vote.
The procedure requires each CEM member to list three candidates she or he supports. Three top candidates are selected in the first round and the winner is decided through the open vote at round two.
In his concept for the future development of BNR, Yankulov proposed a simplified structure for increasing functionality, pay raises for the radio staff, new advertising fees, closer interaction with other media, opening a modern briefing room and a radio school similar to the one at the Journalism Department of the Sofia University, and having his own broadcast as director.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 231 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Chilly Morning, Warm Afternoon
- » Bulgaria: The Monument to the Soviet Army in Sofia was Wrapped
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 238 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: The Wind is Weakening, Rain possible in the Southeastern Regions
- » Bulgaria: Car with 17 Migrants collided with a Taxi in Sofia