Bulgarians Rally in Support of Chief Prosecutor
Scores of Bulgarians have surrounded the main courthouse in the capital Sofia Wednesday in a rally for support of Chief Prosecutor, Sotir Tsatsarov.
The rally was organized on Facebook.
The demonstrators are holding the Bulgarian national colors upside down, which is a sign of war.
They say they want to boast the Chief Prosecutor's courage to persist in his unbiased actions against "crimes committed by the formerly-ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB."
They plan to move in the direction of the building of the Parliament.
Tsatsarov is under increased security after the operation in which 350 000 ballots discovered inside a printing house, suspected to be used to manipulate the May 12 early general elections, were seized.
Curiously enough, the protest was announced early in the morning on TV7 by journalist, host, and TV7 Director, Nikolay Barekov, who was the one to break the story about the ballots on reflection day – the day before the elections, when political propaganda was banned.
In breaching the ban, Barekov claimed then the ballots were to be used by GERB to twist the vote results as the printing house in the town of Kostinbrod, near Sofia, was owned by a GERB municipal councilor.
The journalist called Wednesday on people to attend and show support for Tsatsarov. He said he had a dream where he saw many demonstrators holding hands and circling around the courthouse.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Growth of Food Prices in Bulgaria is Unreasonably High
- » European Commission: Bulgaria is not interested in Implementing the Just Transition Plan
- » Bulgarian Police found a Painting by Jackson Pollock that could be worth 50 Million Euros
- » The Minister of Health: On December 15, Bulgaria will receive its First Medical Helicopter
- » The US on Bulgaria in 2022: Impunity and Corruption, Problems with Media Freedom
- » The US Declassifies Information on the Origin of Covid