42nd Bulgarian Parliament Holds 1st Sitting
The 42nd Bulgarian General Assembly, which convened one day ago, is holding its first work sitting Wednesday.
The session starts at 9 am.
The agenda includes a hearing of caretaker Prime Minister, Marin Raykov, and caretaker Economy and Energy Minister, Asen Vasilev, on the situation in the energy sector and the thorny issue of electric power prices.
It is expected that the Director of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR), Evgeniya Haritonova, and the CEO of the National Electric Company, NEK, Krum Anastasov, would also be summoned.
The first item on the agenda is the election of an ad hoc temporary committee to establish rules for the work of the 42nd Parliament. The decision to have in it an equal number of Members of the Parliament from the four parliamentary represented political parties has already been made.
The MPs are going to appoint an ad hoc legal committee as well.
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General
- » President Rumen Radev with a Statement on the New Attorney General's Decree
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament Accepts the Resignations of Liliyana Pavlova and Volen Siderov
- » Protest Against the Election of Geshev as Chief Prosecutor
- » The 1st Television Interview of Ivan Geshev After His Election as Chief Public Prosecutor
- » The SJC Submits to the President Today its Decision to Appoint a New Attorney General