Bulgaria, Turkey to Start Talks on Border Crossing Problems
The governments of Bulgaria and Turkey will start this week negotiations for an agreement regarding the freight traffic between the two countries, said Bulgarian Minister of Transport Kristian Krastev Sunday.
Krastev will meet Turkish counterpart Binali Yildirim Wednesday and Thursday in Leipzig, where the two ministers will lead delegations of their countrie's vehicle agencies.
No restrictions from the Turkish side on Bulgarian freight carries will be imposed until them.
"If transportation problems between the two countries are not solved in a diplomatic manner, Bulgaria will take reciprocal measures regarding Turkish freight carriers," stated Krastev.
Over the past week, carriers from both sides imposed a blockade on the border, complaining from treatment by border authorities from the other country.
The Bulgarian Minsiter of Transport interpreted problems coming from the Turkish side as motivated by a desire to defend the interests of Turkish carriers to the detriment of foreign ones.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Companies - in fourth place among Investors in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Fuel to Increase in Price to 3 leva while Lukoil makes 1 Billion 800 Million Excess Profit
- » January 1, 2025 - Bulgaria’s New Target Date for Entry into the Eurozone
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom
- » Musk admits that “X” might become a Paid Platform