Varna Municipal Council Appeals Reinstatement of Interim Mayor
The Municipal Council in Bulgaria’s Black Sea city of Varna has appealed the reinstatement of interim Mayor Hristo Bozov.
Bozov was reinstated by the city’s Administrative Court on Friday. The court overturned the decision of the Varna Municipal Council to appoint architect Dimitar Nikolov at the post to replace Bozov.
The Council has now appealed the ruling in the Supreme Administrative Court.
Bozov has told reporters that he is on a leave of absence starting Saturday. He is likely to run for Mayor in the upcoming early election.
On April 29, 2013, Bozov was dismissed on the request of a group of municipal council members after spending only a month at the post as he took the oath of office on March 27.
Bozov recently appealed his dismissal. He filed the claim with the Administrative Court on grounds the law postulates that the interim mayor is to remain in office after a successor, elected by Varna residents, is sworn in.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend