Overturned Truck Impedes Traffic to Bulgarian-Greek Border
A tractor trailer with Greek license plates has overturned on the Struma Highway in Bulgaria, near the repair works at the "Dolna Dikanya" junction.
The incident happened around 4 am Saturday morning, the police in the Bulgarian western city of Pernik reported.
The truck has sustained serious damage, but the Greek driver escaped only with light injuries. His life is out of danger. The most likely cause is the driver falling asleep at the wheel.
Due to the crash, traffic on the highway in the direction of the Kulata checkpoint on the Bulgarian-Greek border is reported as very heavy Saturday. The tractor trailer is still alongside the road, but the authorities are working on organizing its towing.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Lags Behind EU Peers in Adoption of Cloud Computing Services
- » Vestbee: VC Investments in CEE in 3Q 2023 Plateaus At €560M
- » Less than 4% of Companies in Bulgaria Use Artificial Intelligence
- » Bulgaria Air with Аdditional Flights on the Route Sofia - Varna for the Holidays
- » Bulgaria Records Second Lowest Air Travel Increase in EU
- » Bulgarians Rank High for Work Hours in the EU