Bulgaria Lags Behind Rest of EU in LGBTI Legislation
Bulgaria’s legal environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex people is the worst among all EU member states, a new scoreboard has shown.
The Balkan country scores just 18 percent on a checklist of laws that include rules on non-discrimination, gender recognition and hate speech, according to the Rainbow Europe map published on Thursday.
Bulgaria has no laws banning hate speech and violence against LGBTI people, no laws on gender-change and only four of the 13 listed laws on equality and antidiscrimination, EUobserver informs.
In comparison, the UK, which provides the best legal environment for LGBTI people, scores 77 percent.
Next in line is Belgium (67), Sweden, Spain, Portugal (65%) and France with 64 percent.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Passengers refused to get off a Plane that landed in Varna instead of Sofia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 19 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Rain today
- » COVID-19: 42 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Car-Crash with Two Dead on the road Ruse-Byala
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 84 New Cases in the Last 24 hours