Beroe Grabs Unexpectedly Bulgaria Cup after Penalties
The football club Beroe Stara Zagora won its second Cup of Bulgaria on Wednesday following a 6:4 victory over favorite Levski in a truly dramatic final.
Beroe, based in Stara Zagora, some 200km east of Sofia, Stara Zagora, defeated Levski, 26 times champion of Bulgaria and holder of 25 national cups, 6-4 after penalties.
Beroe took the lead in the 16th minute and its rival equalized eight minutes later, but the team netted two more goals in the 28th minute and the 79th minute respectively to make the result 3-1.
Meanwhile, a Levski player was sent off after receiving second yellow card at the end of the first half.
However, Levski came back into the match with two goals in the 80th minute and the 87th minute.
Beroe won the cup after its rival missed its first three penalties.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Who Are Bulgaria’s Opponents in Their Euro 2024 Qualifying Campaign?
- » Russia received an Invitation to Play in the Central Asian Football Association
- » Djokovic was not Allowed into the US without a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgarian Albert Popov Recorded a Historic Ranking with his First Podium in the Skiing World Cup
- » English Greyhound Derby 2023: Who Will Claim the Crown?
- » Who Are the Favorites for the 2023 Cheltenham Festival Championship Races?