Bulgaria Tough Place to Be a Mother, Index Shows
Bulgaria has been ranked the 43rd best place to be a mother - falling behind almost all European Union member states.
Only three EU members – Malta, Hungary and Romania – have a worse ranking in the latest Mother Index, which is compiled by the charity Save the Children and includes 176 countries.
Finland, Sweden and Norway claim the top three slots respectively in the Mothers' Index.
Save the Children found the Democratic Republic of the Congo to be the world's toughest place to be a mother.
Countries relative success or failure in saving the lives of mothers and newborn babies is analysed in compiling the index.
It also assesses indicators of maternal health, under-five mortality, levels of women's education, income and political status.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 305 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 434 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Nobel Prize in Medicine for mRNA Vaccines against COVID-19
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 33 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 231 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 238 New Cases in the Last 24 hours