132,000 Bulgarians Go to Greece for Easter
Over 132,000 persons have crossed from Bulgaria into Greece since the start of May holidays, which this year began Wednesday, May 1.
Bulgarians have days off from work until Monday, May 6, which this year is both the second day of Easter and St. George's Day.
According to data bythe Bulgarian border police, some 70,000 vehicles have crossed the border with Greece.
40,000 of them travelled to Greece, while 30,000 came to Bulgaria.
Over 96,000 people have come to Bulgaria from Greece for the holidays.
The most heavy traffic has been recorded at the Kulata-Promachonas checkpoint at the E-70 international road.
Traffic at other crossing points is normal for the holiday period, said the Bulgarian border authorities.
Police are bracing for intensified traffic expected Monday evening.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Holidays on Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast will be between 15 and 30% More Expensive this year
- » Bulgaria: 30% Growth in Bookings for Easter
- » The Third Direct Flight from Bulgaria to Seychelles Landed with 176 Passengers
- » The Number of Foreigners who Visited Bulgaria increased significantly in January
- » The Bulgarian Passport is Ranked 42nd in the World