Suspects' Mother ‘Discussed Jihad with Son’
Russia intercepted a communication between the mother of the accused Boston Marathon bombers and someone who may have been one of her sons "discussing jihad" in 2011, CNN reported, citing a US official with knowledge of the investigation.
This source described the conversation as vague.
The Russians turned over the intercept to the FBI in the last few days, the official said.
This source was not aware of a reason for the delay and did not offer an opinion about whether it would have given the FBI enough reason to justify a closer look at Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the oldest of the two brothers.
US Attorney General Eric Holder was asked abut the report while attending the White House Correspondents Dinner Saturday.
"That's an ongoing matter," Holder said. "I can't really comment on that."
CNN has previously reported that the FBI has said that it conducted an investigation - including an interview with Tamerlan Tsarnaev after Russia expressed concerns in 2011.
The FBI said at the time if found nothing to justify pursuing the matter further and that Russia did not respond to US requests for additional information.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Turkey will Block the Accession of Sweden and Finland to NATO
- » Lavrov: With the arrival of Scholz, Germany lost the last Signs of Independence
- » The Red Cross has accused Europe of "Double Standards" with Ukrainian Refugees
- » Colonel on Russia TV1: The Whole World is Against Us
- » Hungary is Not Giving In to the Oil Embargo Against Russia, Asks EU for up to €18 Billion
- » European Fashion Council with a Historic Contribution to the United Europe