Bulgarians Outraged by Greek Police Block Border Crossing
About hundred Bulgarians staged Saturday a thirty-minute blockade of the border crossing Ilinden-Exochi on the Bulgarian-Greek border.
The demonstrators are local people from the nearby municipalities of Gotse Delchev, Hadzhidimovo, Satovcha and Garmen.
They complain of actions of Greek police towards Bulgarian drivers such as stopping vehicles with Bulgarian tags without reason, fining drivers without explanations, and sometimes confiscating license plates until the often hefty fines are paid.
The demonstrators are firm they will stage a repeat next Saturday if an adequate solution of their problems is not found by then.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria, July 2: Sunny and Warm, Temperatures Up to 35 Degrees
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 165 Newly Registered Cases on July 2, 5154 Total
- » Czechs Celebrate the End of Covid-19 Crisis with Giant Party in Prague
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Temperatures Up to 36 Degrees on July 1
- » COVID-19 Update: 158 Newly Registered Cases in Bulgaria on July 1, Total: 4989
- » New "Animal" Virus Discovered in China