Bulgaria, Romania End Up with Wrong Flags in BBC Immigration Debate
An embarrassing blunder was made during a BBC Daily Politics show, as Bulgaria and Romania appeared with wrong flags.
The blunder was made during an open border immigration debate featuring Nigel Farage - UKIP, Mark Harper - Conservative, and Owen Smith - Labour.
During the debate, a map was displayed picturing Bulgaria’s flag over Romania’s territory – and vice versa.
The debate can be seen HERE.
Polls commissioned by the BBC in Bulgaria and Romania recently showed that there is no great likelihood that Britain will be flooded with migrants from the two Balkan countries once work restrictions fall off at the end of 2013.
Controversial claims have been made by a number of British tabloids and politicians that the UK should brace for a massive"influx" of Bulgarian and Romanian migrants after the end of 2013. It has been claimed that lifting the restriction would "put pressure" on housing, infrastructure, schools, and heath care.
Among the main reasons for the "migrant scare" was a perception that Eastern European migrants would simply drain Britain's welfare system.
- » What are the Electoral Attitudes in Bulgaria Before the Start of the European Election Campaign?
- » Liliana Pavlova: The Key to What Europe We Want is in the Hands of Young People
- » Bulgaria is Applying for the Seat of the European Labor Authority
- » Bulgaria is the Fourth in Europe in Respect to Price Growth
- » The European Commission Supports the Improvement of the Business Environment in Bulgaria
- » EC: The Important Thing is That With the Bulgarian Authorities We Are Conducting a Constructive Conversation on the Implementation of the Recommendations