Bulgaria, Romania End Up with Wrong Flags in BBC Immigration Debate
An embarrassing blunder was made during a BBC Daily Politics show, as Bulgaria and Romania appeared with wrong flags.
The blunder was made during an open border immigration debate featuring Nigel Farage - UKIP, Mark Harper - Conservative, and Owen Smith - Labour.
During the debate, a map was displayed picturing Bulgaria’s flag over Romania’s territory – and vice versa.
The debate can be seen HERE.
Polls commissioned by the BBC in Bulgaria and Romania recently showed that there is no great likelihood that Britain will be flooded with migrants from the two Balkan countries once work restrictions fall off at the end of 2013.
Controversial claims have been made by a number of British tabloids and politicians that the UK should brace for a massive"influx" of Bulgarian and Romanian migrants after the end of 2013. It has been claimed that lifting the restriction would "put pressure" on housing, infrastructure, schools, and heath care.
Among the main reasons for the "migrant scare" was a perception that Eastern European migrants would simply drain Britain's welfare system.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria
- » Bulgarians and EU Citizens Will Enter UK only with Passports from October 1st
- » Bulgaria’s Town of Panagyurishte Awarded Title of European City of Sports in 2022