Abductors Treated Bulgarian 'Cocaine King''s Daughter Nice - Report
The family of abducted and returned 10-year-old Bulgarian girl Lara Baneva have confirmed they have paid a ransom for her return.
Lara, daugher of suspected Bulgarian drug mobster Evelin Banev aka Brendo, who is tried in Bulgaria and Italy, was dropped off near a police station in Sofia by an unidentified car late Sunday night, after being abducted early March.
Monday the Bulgarian National Radio said it had sources that a EUR 0.5 M had been paid, an amount not confirmed by the girl's family.
According to sources of major Bulgarian 24 Chasa daily, the abductors had treated Lara nicely, based on her accounts.
She was placed in a comfortably prepared apartment and was given various diversions, such as the opportunity to draw pictures or watch TV.
She was even told that she was taken away in a safe place for to her own security, due to worries relating to her father's business.
The masked man who communicated with Lara treated her nicely, according to 24 Chasa.
The paper's material interprets the information as showing that the abductors had been prepared for a long spell with the kid, and wanted to prevent any emotional distress, which would make their job harder.
According to Bulgarian security expert Tihomir Bezlov, the case might indicate that a new proficient organized crime group specializing in abductions might have been formed in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski