Abduction of Bulgarian Cocaine King's Daughter Not Linked with His Trial - Official
The abduction of Lara Baneva, the 10-year-old daughter of suspected drug lord Evelin Banev aka Brendo, was likely not linked with her father’s trial in Italy, according to a Bulgarian prosecution official.
Bulgarian deputy Chief Prosecutor Asya Petrova refused to comment on whether a EUR 0.5 M ransom had been paid for the child.
Petrova assured reporters that the kidnappers would be captured. She said that prosecutors have some leads on the case, but did not share details.
Lara Baneva was returned unharmed late on Sunday, some 40 days after her abduction. She was dropped of late Sunday night by her abductors near a police station in the southwestern Sofia district of Buxton.
Among the hypotheses for Lara's abduction was a desire to keep her father silent regarding the activities of others during his trials.
Evelin Banev, aka Brendo, is currently held under arrest in Milan, Italy, where is being tried for the traffic of drugs, in particular cocaine; he returns to Bulgaria under custody to face similar trials in a Bulgarian court.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski