2 Investors Vie for Bulgaria's Globul
Two investors are bidding to buy Bulgarian mobile operator Cosmo Mobile (Globul), according to a report.
It was made clear on Thursday that one of the bidders is Turk Telekom. The Turkish company made the announcement that it had placed binding bids to acquire Cosmo Mobile and electronic appliance retailer Germanos Telecom Bulgaria in a statement to Istanbul stock exchange.
The Bulgarian Capital Daily has now reported that the other bidder is likely one of the following: Telenor, Turkcell or Deutsche Telekom.
The auction is set to take place on Friday 19 April 2013.
Globul accounts for about 7% of OTE's sales and about 9% of earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA).
In Bulgaria, Globul competes with Telekom Austria Mobiltel and Vivacom, recently acquired by Bulgarian banker Tsvetan Vasilev, and Russia's VTB Bank.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov at Inspection of Wastewater Treatment in Primorsko: We Have Fulfilled What We Promised - To Provide The Cleanest Sea
- » Full Beaches On The Black Sea Coast: Bulgarian Tourism Industry Is Optimistic for the Season
- » 12 km Queue of Cars at the Kulata Border Checkpoint to Greece
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov: I Do Not Wage Wars, I Make Roads, Factories, Supercomputer
- » The Queues of Cars at the "Kulata" Border Checkpoint Continue
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Nightclubs in Albena Resort Close