Bulgaria’s Dimitrov before Nadal Clash: I'll Do My Best, You Never Know
Bulgaria’s promising tennis youngster Grigor Dimitrov has vowed to play his best tennis at the Monte Carlo Masters quarter-final game against Rafael Nadal on Friday.
"I feel good on court with these guys," Dimitrov, ranked 34 in the world and aiming at a top 20 place by the end of the year, said of his heavyweight peers.
"Physically, I'm ready to hang with them. I know tomorrow is another point of view, since on a clay court I'm playing the greatest of all time. Of course, there's that feeling of anxiety, that you want to do the best you can. Most of all, you have to keep your composure.
"All the odds are with him, I understand that. But that's not going to discourage me from doing my best. Why not play my best tennis? You never know."
Expectations are that the quarterfinal match between the veteran and the young gun will be very intriguing – the undisputed red dirt ruler, reaching for his ninth straight title here, against a free-hitting prodigy with nothing to lose.
Dimitrov has been in outstanding form this week with wins over Xavier Malisse, No. 8 seed Janko Tipsarevic and Florian Mayer in the third round.
The Bulgarian set up the clash against Nadal after easily getting past German Florian Mayer to earn a spot in the Monte Carlo quarterfinals.
The youngster took a step nearer to entering top 30 for the first time in his career feat by recording a 6-2 6-4 win over Mayer.
Dimitrov needed just an hour and 17 minutes to seal the win.
Rafael Nadal cruised past Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-2, 6-4 on Thursday.
- » Real Madrid Beats Liverpool for another Champions League Trophy
- » "Levski" Marks 104 years since the Founding of the Football Club
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid