2 Rockets Land in Southern Israel, No Injuries
Two rockets fired from Egypt's Sinai peninsula struck Israel's resort city of Eilat onWednesday, causing no casualties or damage.
"We are telling residents to immediately take cover and make their way to safe zones and shelters if they hear the sirens," Micky Rosenfeld, a police spokesman, said, according to CNN.
There were no immediate reports of injuries after the rockets landed in a neighborhood and an open field. Residents reported hearing three explosions. Police said one rocket exploded near the courtyard of a house.
An Iron Dome battery was recently deployed in the area following intelligence of possible rocket attacks by global jihad activists in Sinai. However, the system did not intercept the rockets.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 655 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Ukrainians are Under Threat if Western Countries Stop their Support for Kyiv
- » Chinese Ships "Shot" at Philippine Ships with a Water Cannon
- » The Israeli Offensive in Gaza Continues
- » Vienna's Schengen Surprise: Bargain Deals on the Table for Bulgaria, Romania!
- » Day 654 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky Calls on Ukrainians to Maintain Resilience in the Winter
- » Fighting in the Gaza Strip Escalated Last Night - US Vetoes Ceasefire