Bulgarian Deputy-PM to Visit 'Key Partner' Qatar
Qatar is a key partner to Bulgaria, which has the potential to take part in specific infrastructure projects, said Bulgarian caretaker PM Marin Raykov.
Wednesday Raykov revealed that his deputy Ekaterina Zaharieva, who also serves as Bulgaria's Regional Development Minister, will visit the Gulf country.
"Qatar understands very well that Bulgaria is the eastern entry gate to the EU, and they have their economic interests in working with Bulgaria," added Raykov.
During the term in office of Bulgaria's previous cabinet led by PM Boyko Borisov (2009-13), a number of bilateral Qatari-Bulgarian meetings were held to look into possibilities for economic and trade cooperation.
Qatar and Bulgaria - together with Turkey, which later however withdrew from the project - are to build a major motorway in Bulgaria linking Ruse on the border with Romania to Svilengrad on the Turkish border.
- » Bulgaria is Among the Four Leading Countries in Europe in the Management of Ship Traffic
- » Bulgaria Is the Leader in the Number of Fintech Companies in Southeastern Europe
- » An Electronic Labor Exchange Platform Will Start Operating on the European Labor Day
- » Will the Fuels' Prices Go Up after the Saudi Arabian Refinery Attacks?
- » Brussels with a New Invitation to Municipalities to Apply for Free Wi-Fi
- » Oil Prices Rise with 10%