Bulgarian Deputy-PM to Visit 'Key Partner' Qatar
Qatar is a key partner to Bulgaria, which has the potential to take part in specific infrastructure projects, said Bulgarian caretaker PM Marin Raykov.
Wednesday Raykov revealed that his deputy Ekaterina Zaharieva, who also serves as Bulgaria's Regional Development Minister, will visit the Gulf country.
"Qatar understands very well that Bulgaria is the eastern entry gate to the EU, and they have their economic interests in working with Bulgaria," added Raykov.
During the term in office of Bulgaria's previous cabinet led by PM Boyko Borisov (2009-13), a number of bilateral Qatari-Bulgarian meetings were held to look into possibilities for economic and trade cooperation.
Qatar and Bulgaria - together with Turkey, which later however withdrew from the project - are to build a major motorway in Bulgaria linking Ruse on the border with Romania to Svilengrad on the Turkish border.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Greece Puts the Island of Poros under Curfew After Rise in Coronavirus Cases
- » Mandatory PCR Test for Bulgarians From Three Districts Entering Germany
- » 70 Euros for COVID-19 Test at the Thessaloniki Airport
- » NSI: Bulgarians Are Pessimistic About Their Income in the Next 12 Months
- » Bulgarian Association of Restaurants Insist Employees to Work Outdoors Without Masks in Sarcastic Statement
- » August 8: Switzerland Lifts Quarantine Requirenment for People Coming from Bulgaria but Norway Introduces It