Bulgarian Deputy-PM to Visit 'Key Partner' Qatar
Qatar is a key partner to Bulgaria, which has the potential to take part in specific infrastructure projects, said Bulgarian caretaker PM Marin Raykov.
Wednesday Raykov revealed that his deputy Ekaterina Zaharieva, who also serves as Bulgaria's Regional Development Minister, will visit the Gulf country.
"Qatar understands very well that Bulgaria is the eastern entry gate to the EU, and they have their economic interests in working with Bulgaria," added Raykov.
During the term in office of Bulgaria's previous cabinet led by PM Boyko Borisov (2009-13), a number of bilateral Qatari-Bulgarian meetings were held to look into possibilities for economic and trade cooperation.
Qatar and Bulgaria - together with Turkey, which later however withdrew from the project - are to build a major motorway in Bulgaria linking Ruse on the border with Romania to Svilengrad on the Turkish border.
In addition, previous Bulgarian Infrastructure Minister Lilyana Pavlova had stated Bulgarian construction companies have expressed concrete interests in working in Qatar.
Qatar has also embarked on a yet to be fleshed out program of investment in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Inspections of Fast Loan Companies are starting all over the country
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » Bulgaria: The Budget Committee accepted the Budget Extension
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking