Bulgarian Woman Attempts Suicide after Losing Home to Creditor
A Bulgarian woman debtor attempted suicide just after she was evicted from her home, which she had mortgaged.
The 44-year-old lady from the town of Botevgrad swallowed pills and alcohol trying to end her life, but was promptly transported to the Pirogov Hospital in Sofia, where doctors saved her life.
Against the mortgage Viktoria Rusimova had borrowed an amount which she did not manage to pay back.
The flat then had to be sold by an executive magistrate.
Rusimova had threatened to set herself on fire should she lose the dwelling.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Prosecutor's Office Terminated the Investigation against the former Minister of Health
- » Bulgaria: 6 Injured 2 in Critical Condition after a Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Survey: Over 40% of Bulgarians do not Believe in Hell and Heaven
- » Bulgaria’s Health Authorities: We do not have an Emergency with Chicken Pox and Scarlet Fever
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 31 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Spring comes just before Midnight