Bulgarian President Rules Out Foul Play in 'FBI Chief' Crash
Konstantin Kazakov, head of Bulgaria's State National Security Agency, DANS, has sent a personal message to President, Rosen Plevneliev, assuring him he was doing fine.
Kazakov was involved in a freak car crash early Thursday, when an SUV and three other vehicles collided. The accident occurred at around 6:00 am near the National Palace of Culture in downtown Sofia. The "FBI" Head was with his driver in a government-issued automobile.
Plevneliev also firmly rejected rumors the crash could be an attack on Kazakov's life, stressing this has been a common traffic accident and there were no reasons whatsoever for alarm.
In the message, the DANS Chief has further informed the President he was on a business trip.
Local media claimed that the crash was caused by the SUV deliberately hitting Kazakov's car. Two men allegedly left the SUV and the scene in another vehicle that was waiting for them.
The authorities have firmly rejected the above, but have confirmed reports the SUV, a white Land Rover, had been stolen.
Kazakov, reportedly, has been on his way to the airport to leave for the said business trip.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ballerina Danced on Ice for a Real ‘swan lake’
- » Mathematicians Predict Double Increase in Covid-19 Incidence in Bulgaria Within the Next 3 Weeks
- » Bulgarian Woman Saves Elderly Couple from Fire, Loses Own Life
- » NASA: Mars Perseverance Rover Goes on Its First Ride across Planet’s Terrain
- » Maria Bakalova Grabs Critic’s Choice Award, Praised as Best Supporting Actress
- » Bulgarian Commission for Consumer Rights Protection Alerts for Dangerous Disinfectants, Masks