Sofia Named Europe's Most Affordable Travel Destination
Bulgarian capital Sofia is Europe's cheapest tourist city for 2013, according to a survey from Price of Travel.
The survey has established that the cost of a centrally located, well-reviewed three-star hotel, plus the cost of transportation, some activities, food and drink in Sofia would come in at under USD 50 a day, according to USA Today.
The survey has noted that “airfare to Sofia is somewhat expensive, and there aren't a ton of good alternative options, though Sofia does have connecting service from other European cities on low-cost carriers such as easyJet and Wizz Air.”
“If you're thinking of relying on train or bus service from another, more affordable European entry point, know that it will likely be a long, long journey,” it says.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Number of Israeli Tourists who want to Visit Bulgaria is Increasing
- » The Regime for Entry into Bulgaria of Citizens of some Countries is Changing
- » Bulgarian hoteliers: The winter season will end if the entry of foreign citizens is banned
- » Sofia Airport has served 3.3 million passengers in 2021
- » Direct flights from Bulgaria to the Seychelles will start in January 2022
- » Bulgarian Tourism is Recovering by up to 45%