Freight Traffic Ban on Bulgaria-Romania Bridge Lifted
Traffic restrictions for vehicles weighing over 10 tonnes on the so-called Danube Bridge connecting Bulgaria and Romania have been lifted.
It had been initially announced that the restrictions would remain in place until April 13.
Danube Bridge was closed for heavy trucks on Sunday due to a large pothole in one of the lanes in the Bulgarian section of the bridge.
Bulgarian and Romanian authorities are jointly repairing the facility, which is currently the only bridge linking the two countries along their 500-km Danube border.
The 2.8 km Danube Bridge, linking Ruse in Bulgaria and Giurgiu in Romania, was completed in 1954.
A second facility, the so-called Danube Bridge 2, is expected to start operating between Vidin and Calafat in May.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » “The Bulgarian Davos” Event will take place on December 14
- » Bulgarian Schools: Tests for On-site Studying have been provided for All Students starting December 6
- » The German Army will Send-Off Merkel with a Parade
- » Gazprom Increases Gas Supplies to Bulgaria by Nearly 44%
- » Bulgarian Minister of Finance: This year's Budget may End with even a small Surplus
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Government offers the minimum Wage to become BGN 710