Gunman Kills 13 Relatives, Neighbors near Belgrade
A gunman shot and killed at least 13 people, including six women and one child, in the Serbian town of Velika Ivanca Tuesday.
According to reports of local media, as cited by the BBC News, six men, six women and a two-year-old child died before the 60-year-old gunman tried to kill himself and his wife.
Serbian Police Director Milorad Veljovic told reporters that 12 victims died instantly, while one died on the way to the hospital.
The shooter and his wife are said to be in critical condition.
Police said the victims were mainly relatives and neighbours of the murderer.
The shootings took place in the town of Velika Ivanca, about 50km south-east of Belgrade, at around 5 am.
The investigation into the case continues and the motive for the shooting spree remains unknown.
- » Russian Orthodox Church Cuts Ties with Constantinople
- » Opposition Leader and Putin Foe Navalny Released from Jail for Anti-Kremlin Protests
- » Google+ Shuts Down as Nearly Half a Million Accounts Compromised
- » ISS Astronauts Return to Earth Amid US-Russia Tensions
- » Interpol President Reported Missing During Trip to China
- » Nobel Peace Prize: Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad Win Award