Bulgarian Retirees Begin Receiving Updated Pensions
Starting Monday, Bulgarian retirees are receiving their new, increased monthly pensions.
The modest increase of up to 9% on average is affecting about 2.2 million Bulgaria retirees.
According to estimates, made by the country's National Social Security Institute, NOI, the average increase of retirement pensions in Bulgaria will be between BGN 5 and BGN 22 a month, while the minimum monthly pension is being upped to BGN 150.
The increase also depends on the retirement year – for those who retired before January 1, 2009, it is 9.8%; for those who retired in 2010 – 8.8%; in 2011 – 5.7%; in 2012 – 2.2%.
The pensions for disabilities, work related incidents and illnesses are being formed in the same way.
Those who retired after January 1, 2013, would not get an increase. With the update, the percentage of poor retirees, receiving less than BGN 200 a month, would go down to 30%.
Anyone can check with the local NOI office to find out how their pension has been formed. The service is free of charge, while those who disagree with the new amount have 3 months to file a claim.
The retirees are outraged by the fact the majority of them receive a monthly pension of BGN 200, which is below the official poverty line of BGN 236, set by the National Statistics Institute.
In addition, the new thresholds could become a hurdle for the so-called one-time energy assistance for the most disadvantaged as they will increase their income slightly above the one that would qualify them.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Differences Between Manual and Automated Trading
- » French Antitrust Regulator: Google to Pay USD 600 Mln over Neighboring Rights Issue
- » EC Revises Up Economic Growth Forecast for Bulgaria in 2021, Down for 2022
- » Finance Minister: Speculation about Upcoming 50% Rise in Corporate Tax "Sheer Nonsense"
- » Bulgarian Development Bank: New BGN 1.7 Billion for Small and Medium Business
- » World’s Largest Crypto Exchange Binance Banned in UK and Ontario, Canada