Bulgaria Braces for More Downpours on Monday
Code yellow has been declared in a total of 20 Bulgarian districts, as heavy downpours are expected to continue in the country on Monday.
The districts placed under code yellow are Pleven, Lovech, Plovdiv, Pazardzhik, Smolyan, Kardzhali, Haskovo, Stara Zagora, Yambol, Sliven, Burgas, Varna, Shumen, Dobrich, Silistra, Razgrad, Targovishte, Veliko Tarnovo, Gabrovo and Ruse.
A rainfall of up to 20 liters per square kilometers is expected in these areas.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
- » Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Starts Raining Green Gems
- » Torrential Rains Caused Floods in Romania
- » The Ceiling of Terminal 1 at Sofia Airport is Leaking from the Rain and Floods in Sofia (Video)
- » Antarctic Ice Melting faster than ever, Studies Show
- » Yellow Code for Rain and Thunder for Half of Bulgaria
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 5.8 Shook the Island of Sumatra