Danube Expected to Reach Critically High Level in Bulgaria
The level of the river Danube is high in the Bulgarian section and is expected to increase still in the next few days, announced the Bulgarian Ministry of Environment.
The Danube is expected to reach its highest level in the beginning of next week, according to authorities.
On Wednesday the level at Vidin is expected at 680 cm, with the top of the local levee measuring 760 cm.
All regional governors and responsible agencies have been notified of the situation, said the Ministry of Environment.
The Ministry also said that water levels in Bulgaria's reservoirs are also very high due to snow melting, and dams are accordingly strictly monitored.
In some cases, controlled evacuation of water is being performed to avoid overflow.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » The European Court of Justice has Sued Bulgaria for its Air Quality
- » Earth Day 2022: Saving the Planet
- » Bulgaria’s Recovery and Sustainability Plan has been finally approved by Brussels
- » Orange Code for Stormy and Strong Winds in Bulgaria
- » Svilengrad on its Way to Becoming the First Bulgarian Zero Waste Certified City