Bulgarian Drug Lord’s Ex-Wife Says She Can’t Afford Ransom for Daughter
Monika Dobrinova, the former wife of alleged Bulgarian cocaine kingpin Evelin Banev, has stated that she cannot afford to pay a ransom for their daughter who was abducted in March.
Dobrinova has told the Weekend tabloid that she is currently in a precarious financial situation.
“When things like that happen, one tries to get to everyone one knows, seeking advice, assistance or money…That’s what I did. But no one helped me, since they know I may not be able to return the money because I am alone,” she said.
Dobrinova has noted that she does not have access to Banev’s bank accounts.
Dobrinova and Banev’s 10-year-old daughter Lara was abducted by masked gunmen at approximately 7:30 am on March 5 in the affluent Sofia suburb of Boyana.
Evelin Banev, aka Brendo, is being held in prison in Milan, Italy, where he was extradited after his arrest in Bulgaria last spring in a special police operation codenamed "Cocaine Kings," and is coming to Bulgaria only for the court sessions of the local trial against him.
According to various reports, the abduction was a warning for him to keep silent in the Milan Court. Lara's whereabouts remain unknown.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven