Bulgaria's Suicide Rate 'among Highest in Europe' - Experts
Bulgaria's suicide rate is among the highest in Europe, local experts alarmed on Monday.
Speaking at a conference in the Black Sea city of Burgas, psychologists named poverty and stress as the main reasons behind the suicide wave that shocked the Balkan country recently.
The psychologists urged Bulgarian citizens to seek professional help whenever they start feeling depressed, noting that Bulgarians rarely turn to psychologists for help.
Last Monday, a nationwide suicide prevention campaign was launched in EU's poorest member state.
A total of six people set themselves on fire in EU's poorest member state over the last month. Four of them passed away.
In addition to self-immolation, a suicide wave seems to have invaded Bulgaria with daily reports about people hanging themselves, jumping for bridges and high-story buildings, and throwing themselves under trains, among others.
- » 9 Snacks You Can Eat in the Evening
- » The Warm Weather Postponed the Flu by a Month
- » More than 1 Million Babies Die due to Premature Birth
- » The Disease of the New Age - About 25% of the People Have Suffered from Depression at least Once
- » Germany Approved a Law that Will Make Vaccination Mandatory
- » The UN to Reduce the “Overly Expensive" Price of Insulin