Pope Francis Prays for Peace in Syria, Korea on Easter
Newly enthroned Catholic pope Francis has voiced a deep prayer for the restoration of peace in Syria and the prevention of war in Korea on Catholic Easter.
In his first Urbi et Orbi Easter address, pope Francis said he hopes for a "political solution" to the civil war raging on in Syria for two years now.
He also said he called for a refraining from armed conflict in the Korean peninsula, where tensions have reached significant heights in the last few days.
Pope Francis also spoke against human trafficking, calling it "the most rampant form of slavery in the 21th century."
Sunday, Catholic and Protestant Christians celebrate one of Christianity's two greatest feasts, Easter - the ressurection of Jesus.
In 2013, Orthodox Christians celebrate Easter, which is a moveable feast, on May 5.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 130 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The Last Bastion in the East may Fall
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: The Macedonian Language will become Official in the EU
- » Day 129 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv accused Russia of shelling Snake Island with Phosphorus Bombs
- » Google will Delete the Location of Women who visited Abortion Clinics in the US
- » NATO and the EU Fully Support Bulgaria after the Expulsion of 70 Russian Diplomats
- » Day 128 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Casualties in Odessa after Rocket Attack