Ex Bulgarian Regional Minister Slams Populist Caretaker Govt
Bulgaria's former Regional Minister, Lilyana Pavlova, has slammed the decision of the caretaker government to redirect BGN 20 M in order to help the poor, labeling it pure populism.
Pavlova, who was Minister in the Cabinet of Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov, and his Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, says she was stunned by the move to have 50% of the planned assistance for the most disadvantaged come on the expense of investments in infrastructure.
"This is in contradiction with the caretaker government's commitment to keep advancing infrastructure projects. The BGN 20 M will inflict direct and indirect losses for the State budget, which would reduce the real effect of the assistance. For example, this is the height of construction season and many construction workers could face layoffs over this, meaning another 2 000 to 3 000 signing with the labor bureaus for unemployment assistance. And these people have families," Pavlova says.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ex-Head of the Bulgarian Services: Putin feels Cornered and looks for a Solution Hysterically
- » Bulgaria’s President Convenes Consultative Meeting on the Escalation of the War in Ukraine
- » Storages in Europe are Filled with nearly 87% Natural Gas
- » "Bulgargaz" announces Tenders for the Supply of Liquefied Gas until 2034
- » Bulgaria is Giving Up on Long-Term Supplies from Gazprom
- » Europe reports Record Prices for Bread, in Bulgaria the Increase is almost 30%