Banned Bob Sinclar Live Show Stirs Controversy in Bulgaria
The local promoter of a Bob Sinclar show in Bulgaria has announced it is taking legal action, after Pirin National Park authorities suspended the live set planned to take place within the protected area.
According to the promoter - the Yulen ski company which operates in Bulgaria's top ski resort Bansko - the March 31 show does not violate any environmental regulations, and has been banned arbitrarily.
"The concert is a potential source of noise pollution that would disturb normal conditions in local habitats," stated earlier the Pirin National Park Directorate as the chief ground for the ban.
According to authorities, organizers Yulen had also failed to notify Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment of the planned event, as required by regulations.
The show of world-famous French house DJ Bob Sinclar was to take place in the Banderishka Polyana locality within the Bansko Ski Area in the Pirin National Park, SW Bulgaria.
In its release Tuesday, Yulen alleged that authorities have yielded to "racketeering" by "green extremists."
Ski compay Yulen, controlled by controversial Bulgarian businessman Tseko Minev, has been the object of many criticisms by environmentalists, especially for overstepping by some 60% the area of the national park that it is allowed to use for ski operations.
Bulgaria's Pirin National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is home to many endemic animal and plant species, and includes many of Bulgaria's most scenic alpine areas.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 2,517 Newly Infected, 125 Fatalities
- » 5 Places in Bulgaria Even Locals Should Visit Again
- » Prof. Kantardzhiev: In May-June, herd immunity in Bulgaria may be achieved with RNA vaccines
- » Bulgaria: Crime Group of Vote Buyers Busted, Members Are MP Candidates
- » Bulgaria Marks 200 Years from the Birth of Great Bulgarian Revolutionary Georgi Rakovski
- » President Putin Received His Second Covid-19 Vaccine Jab