Bomb Threat Evacuates Sofia 'Sharpshooter' Building
A bomb alert has caused the evacuation of the building in downtown Sofia from which notorious Bulgarian drug lord Zlatomir Ivanov aka Baretata (The Beret), was shot at and wounded on January 29.
The call has been placed around 9 am on the 112 emergency hotline with a male voice informing there was a bomb in the building across the main courthouse and people were in danger.
This prompted its evacuation along with evacuations in several adjacent ones. The bomb squad and the police did not find any traces of explosives, but access to the building is restricted at the moment.
It houses a number of law offices, stores, and food and drink establishments.
Zlatomir Ivanov aka Baretata (The Beret, The Barret) was shot in broad daylight in the vicinity of the main courthouse building in the Bulgarian capital as he was going there for an appeals hearing in an illegal drugs distribution case against him.
An increased number of bomb threats for shopping centers, courts and schools in Sofia and several other major Bulgarian cities were registered in the last few months.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » After the First 13 - Three more Illegally Buried Bodies found near Bankya
- » Teenagers Attacked and Robbed a Postal Worker in Parvomai
- » Bulgaria: 16 Arrested in Smolyan region - Most of them were British Citizens
- » A Suspect of Terrorism has been Detained in Bulgaria at the Request of Norway
- » A Bulgarian is among the 10 Most Wanted Criminals in Spain
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria