Bulgaria under Code Yellow over Downpours, Strong Winds
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared for Friday in nearly the whole Bulgaria due to expected torrential rains and strong winds.
The warning was issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
The code is effective for twenty-four regions across the Bulgaria, which account for its entire territory except the south-western part.
Rain will arrive in the entire country by the evening mixed with snow in higher elevations. The mercury will keep on falling down with maximum temperatures reaching between 4 and 9 degrees Celsius, 5 in the capital Sofia.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » The European Court of Justice has Sued Bulgaria for its Air Quality
- » Earth Day 2022: Saving the Planet
- » Bulgaria’s Recovery and Sustainability Plan has been finally approved by Brussels
- » Orange Code for Stormy and Strong Winds in Bulgaria
- » Svilengrad on its Way to Becoming the First Bulgarian Zero Waste Certified City