Snap Election Alters Holidays Timetable in Bulgaria
At its very first sitting, Bulgaria's caretaker government has made changes in the 2012 decree for official days off in 2013.
The changes have been imposed by the need to secure the effective preparation and organization of the snap general election on May 12.
According to the change, employees will make up for Thursday May 2, which is officially designated as a holiday, on May 18, instead of the previous May 11, since the latter is too close to voters going to the polls.
Caretaker Prime Minister, Marin Raykov, explained the first sitting had a more limited agenda of about 11 points.
The Cabinet designated Deputy caretaker PM and Social Minister, Deyana Kostadinova and caretaker Finance Minister, Kalin Hristov, to be its representatives in the National Council for Three-Way Partnership with the labor unions and the business.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 113 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Warm Today
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 20 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny and increasingly Warm Temperatures this week
- » Floods in Northwestern Bulgaria caused severe Damages
- » 55% of Drivers in Bulgaria drive at Excessive Speed in Populated Areas