Bulgarian Presidential Employee Reprimanded over Racial Slur
The employee responsible for the racial slur that appeared on Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev's official website last year has been merely reprimanded, it was made clear on Tuesday.
The President's website stirred outrage in July 2012, when it turned out that a file containing Bulgaria's National Roma Integration Strategy (2012-2020)was entitled NationalStrategyIntegrateMangali.pdf.
"Mangali" is a derogatory term for Roma people, which translates approximately as "Gyppos."
The employee responsible for the infamous title was Boris Kostov, head of one of the departments of the President's Financial, Business and Information Services.
Kostov was asked to provide a written explanation and was reprimanded. However, he is still in office, local media say.
A panel of Bulgaria's Commission for Protection against Discrimination discussed the case on Tuesday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Extinguishing of Fires all over Bulgaria Continues - “Maritsa” Highway will be Closed
- » Bulgaria: No more Masks in Some Places from Tomorrow - See Where they Remain Mandatory
- » Which are the Most Popular but Expensive Destinations to Study Abroad
- » Bulgaria: A Landslide on the Beach in Albena Buried a Man and a Woman - They are Alive
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 2318 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: The Extinguishing of the large Forest Fire near Panagyurishte Continues