Bulgarians Stranded at Paris Beauvais Airport Back Home
A group of Bulgarians. who were stranded overnight at the Beauvais Airport in the French capital Paris on Monday, landed back in Sofia late on Tuesday.
They have been taken from the plane from Paris to Sofia without any explanations, according to Mina Gergova, representative of a travel agency.
The departing time from Paris has been 5:40 pm with arrival in Sofia at 11:55 pm.
The passengers called the travel agency and on their turn they started calling several institutions but no one paid any attention to them, Gergova explained.
The person who picked up the phone at the Foreign Ministry in Sofia told them all offices were closed and they could not do anything after business hours.
The Ministry, however, reported later that the Bulgarian Embassy in Paris has placed several phone calls to the airline and the Bulgarians finally received assistance.
Northern France is in the grip of snow storms and blizzards which caused the delays at Beauvais, including the Bulgarians' flight.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » About 100,000 Refugees remain in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 293 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarians Celebrate May 24 - Day of the Holy Brothers Cyril and Methodius
- » Belgium has introduced Quarantine for Monkeypox
- » Due to Celebrations on May 24: Traffic Restrictions will be Introduced in the Center of Sofia
- » Bulgarian PM attended a Pilgrimage to the Relics of St. Cyril in Rome