Who Is Who: Bulgaria's Caretaker Justice Minister Dragomir Yordanov
Dragomir Yordanov was announced as Bulgaria's caretaker Justice Minister by President Rosen Plevneliev on Tuesday.
Dragomir Yordanov is born on September 28th, 1967 in Sofia. He is a graduate of the Sofia French Language School and Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski with a Master in Law. Until 1999 his professional career has passed through the Sofia City Court (as a junior judge) and Sofia Regional Court (as a criminal judge). Mr.Yordanov is among the founders of the Magistrates' Training Center, the predecessor of NIJ and served there as an Executive Director. In 2011, he headed the National Institute of Justice, following the period between 2004 and 2011 when he served as a Deputy Director/ Programme Director of the organisation.
Yordanov has specialized in the University of Kentucky and the National Center for State Courts, Williamsburg, Virginia, USA; The National Judicial College of the USA, Reno, Nevada and Judicial Education Center, Arizona; the European Court of Human Rights, Strasbourg, France; L'Ecole National de la Magistrature, Paris, France;
Betwenn 2009 and 2010 he served as a criminal judge in Kosovo, as a participant in the European Union Rule of Law Mission (EULEX Kosovo) and for the indicated period he is on leave from the NIJ.
Yordanov speaks English, French and Russian.
- » Repairs of 'Trakia' and 'Hemus' Highways
- » The BSP Started Consultations on Party Subsidies
- » Bridge in Sofia will be Temporarily Closed for Repair
- » Bulgaria's EUR 48.5 Million Road Rehabilitation Tender Draws 14 Bids
- » Yordanka Fandakova: The Conditions in the Kindergartens and Schools in Sofia are European
- » Chief Architect of Warsaw Comes to Sofia for "Talks About the City"