Abducted Daughter of Bulgarian Drug Lord Still Missing - Top Cop
The ten-year-old daughter of Bulgarian drug kingpin Evelin Banev has not been discovered yet, Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov has said.
"Our colleagues have been working very intensively ever since the kidnapping took place six days ago," Tsvetanov told reporters. He added that authorities would reveal more information as the investigation progresses.
Ten-year-old Lara Baneva was abducted by masked gunmen last Tuesday in the affluent Sofia suburb of Boyana. Her bodyguard was shot twice but survived.
Rumors emerged that the girl was abducted in order to "keep Banev silent" in an Italian court.
Banev is being held in prison in Milan, Italy, where he was extradited after his arrest in Bulgaria last spring in a special police operation codenamed "Cocaine Kings," and is coming to Bulgaria only for the court sessions of the local trial against him.
Tuesday marked Tsvetan Tsvetanov's last day in office.
A caretaker government is to be unveiled by President Rosen Plevneliev later that day.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven