Bulgarian Protesters Block Main Road to Greece
Protesters in Bulgaria's south-west Blagoevgrad region have blocked at two locations Bulgaria's main link to neighboring Greece, the E-79 road.
The rallies are part of nationwide protests that have gripped Bulgaria for weeks and resulted in the resignation of the cabinet of PM Boyko Borisov.
E-79 has been blocked at Dzherman near Dupnitsa, as well as near the city of Blagoevgrad Sunday.
Protesters are calling for an end of economic stagnation and a new era of clean politics in Bulgaria.
They have brought to the fore alleged ties between the political class and the mafia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1/3 of the Signals for Dangerous Foods in the EU are from Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 316 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Author is Nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature
- » Bulgaria: By the End of May 7,000 Ukrainian Refugees will be Moved from Varna to other Cities
- » Employee of a Funeral Agency is Detained in Relations to the 7 Bodies found near Sofia
- » Half of Bulgarian Hotels will let Ukrainian Refugees Stay for the Foreseeable Future