Bulgarian Protesters Block Main Road to Greece
Protesters in Bulgaria's south-west Blagoevgrad region have blocked at two locations Bulgaria's main link to neighboring Greece, the E-79 road.
The rallies are part of nationwide protests that have gripped Bulgaria for weeks and resulted in the resignation of the cabinet of PM Boyko Borisov.
E-79 has been blocked at Dzherman near Dupnitsa, as well as near the city of Blagoevgrad Sunday.
Protesters are calling for an end of economic stagnation and a new era of clean politics in Bulgaria.
They have brought to the fore alleged ties between the political class and the mafia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 275 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Business Lends a Hand: Career Forum for Ukrainian Refugees
- » Volunteer from Varna: Ukrainian Refugees Feel Abandoned in Bulgaria
- » Active Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria fell below 100,000
- » Protest of Employees from Sofia’s Public Transport Blocked Three Intersections
- » Public Transport in Sofia will Not Stop Tomorrow but there will be Heavy Traffic due to Protests