Berbatov Reconciles with Fiorentina, Proposes to Pay for Plane Ticket
Fulham's Bulgarian forward Dimitar Berbatov and Italian club Fiorentina have reconciled, according to the team's sporting director.
At the end of August 2012, Berbatov was on a flight to Florence to sign with Fiorentina when it emerged that he had received an offer from Juventus while other football clubs in Europe were also showing interest in him.
The striker eventually moved to Fulham,
Fiorentina's sporting director Daniele Prade has now revealed that the club is no longer angry at the Bulgarian.
"Did we hear from Berbatov? Yes, his agent called us. They were kind and they even offered to repay the famous flight ticket," Prade has said.
Fiorentina had already paid for the Bulgarian and his agent to fly to Italy before being snubbed. The club later demanded its money back.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Footballers and Fans of Lokomotiv Plovdiv with Coronavirus
- » Bulgaria's FC "Black Sea": Over 10 Football Players Test Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Minister of Sports Krassen Kralev : Stadiums Could Close Doors to Fans
- » 30 Years Later: Liverpool Is The New Champion of England!
- » Tennis Star Novak Djokovic Tests Positive for Covid-19
- » Coaches of Grigor Dimitrov and Novak Djokovic Tested Positive for COVID-19