OLAF Probes Bulgaria's State Enterprise Radioactive Waste
The European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF) is conducting an inspection at the State Enterprise 'Radioactive Waste' (SE-RAW).
Dilyan Petrov, Executive Director of SE-RAW, told journalists Tuesday that the probe was planned.
He explained that the OLAF officials would inspect a contract for the funding of employees involved in the decommissioning of Kozloduy NPP units.
"The inspection is planned and not sudden, to start with. This is an old contract, it was not signed with SE-RAW, it was inherited from the Kozloduy NPP," Petrov stated.
"The aim of the probe is to verify that salary funds are rightly directed, i.e. that the money is spent on what it is given for," he added.
The CEO of SE-RAW made clear that the results of the OLAF probe would come out on Wednesday and the company would seek permission to comment on them in public.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Delegation of European Parliament on Official Visit to Bulgaria
- » EC Warns Bulgaria of Non-compliance with he EU Regulations on Spring and Mineral Waters Trade
- » Sofia Wants EU to Take Bulgaria's Side in Dispute with North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Confers on EU Funds Frauds with Europol CEO
- » Delegation of European Parliament is Visiting Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's President with Video Address to 76th UN General Assembly in New York