Bulgarian Capital Mayor Sacks 2 District Mayors
Bulgarian capital Sofia's mayor Yordanka Fandakova has requested the resignation of the mayors of Izgrev and Triaditsa districts Tuesday.
Izgrev mayor Dimitar Dimitrov has been fired due to a signal that he has abused his power by distributing excessive bonuses to his subordinates.
Triaditsa mayor Stoyan Nachev's resignation was requested after he has been caught driving under the influence of alcohol.
Izgrev, located just east of Sofia's center, and central district Triaditsa are home to some of Sofia's most expensive and attractive neighborhoods.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend