Tenerife Behead Maniac Sentenced to 20 Years in Psychiatric Unit
Bulgarian national Deyan Deyanov, who committed the shocking murder of 60-year-old Jennifer Mills-Westley in Tenerife back in 2011, has been sentenced to 20 years in a psychiatric unit.
Deyanov's defence had argued that he was not criminally responsible for his actions due to paranoid schizophrenia, but he was found guilty by a jury of nine last week.
When asked by the magistrate if he had anything he wanted to say, Deyanov answered through his interpreter: "I am the second reincarnation of Jesus Christ and I will bring the fire of the Holy Spirit to bear against this court," according to Sky News.
Deyanov killed 60-year-old Jennifer Mills-Westley in a shop in the popular resort of Los Cristianos back in May 2011. He stabbed her 14 times before decapitating her in public.
The mentally ill man had pursued the victim for some time before the horrifying act.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison