Children 'Utilized' in Support of Varna Mayor
Children from a local track and field club have been implicated in a showcase campaign in support of Kiril Yordanov, the controversial four-term mayor of Bulgaria's Black Sea city of Varna.
"No to Anarchy", "We Want Our Mayor", "Kiril Yordanov – the Intelligent Choice", "Sports Varna Wants Its Mayor", "Mayor, We Support You", and "Hands Off the Mayor", were the slogans raised by the 13-14-year-old children from the Cherno More Athletic track and field club in Varna on Tuesday, reported petel.bg.
According to the kids, they came up on their own with the idea to write slogans in support of Kiril Yordanov because the mayor is said to have helped a great deal for the restoration and development of sports facilities in the city.
However, when asked before the camera about the meaning of their slogans, the 13-year-old girls failed to explain them, and made it clear they are unaware of what "anarchy" means.
Kiril Yordanov has been targeted increasingly by protesters in Varna over alleged corruption in his administration and his alleged ties to the TIM security and business group and its affiliates and subsidiaries.
- » An Increase of Bulgarians Who Travel Because of Tourism
- » Bulgaria Should Submit to Russia its Options for Belene NPP by the End of June
- » Mtel Becomes A1, It Will Offer Innovative Services to Our Market
- » Visits to Theaters Decreased with 3.2% in 2017
- » Dramatic Flood in Russia (VIDEO)
- » Steve Jobs' Special Strategy for Employee Interviews